Adopt A Book
Help care for the Union's Historic Collection
Contribute to the preservation of the Union Library for future generations
£7 buys a protective box for a book
With £30 we can rebind a volume
Adopt a book to help preserve the Union's Historic Collection
The Union Library has always collected controversial, quirky and unusual books and now has a fascinating Historic Collection of mainly 19th century material, some of which is not available anywhere else in Oxford.
Adopt a book from £5 and:
- Choose from a range of well-loved and rare titles
- Receive a personalised Adopt a book e-certificate and have your gift acknowledged in our Donors' book
Your donation will contribute to the preservation of the Library's Historic Collection. Donations only support the conservation of a particular book when this has been agreed in advance. Contact the Librarian-in-charge if you would like to sponsor a particular title from our collection.
Sponsor the full conservation of a title of your choice with a donation from £400
The Union is one of the largest lending libraries in Oxford. Our Historic Collection covers Classics, English, History, Law, Philosophy, Politics, Literature, Economics, Theology and Science, as well as a range of journals, early travel guides and 19th century religious and political pamphlets.
- Choose your title amongst books of particular significance to the Union's Collection. We can help you with ideas at 01865 246782 or email@example.com
- Receive a personalised printed adoption certificate and a copy of the conservation report
- Have your gift acknowledged in our Donors' Book and the library catalogue
- Be taken on a visit of the Union by the Librarian