COVID-19 Series: IV
- Event Start: 16th June 2020, 5:00pm
- Event Type:
COVID-19: Finding Solutions
The COVID-19 crisis has pushed health policy to the forefront of government agendas for the first time in generations. With international institutions such as the World Health Organisation underfunded and lacking support, where does international health policy go from here? What lessons must be learned from the crisis?
- Dr Leana Wen : American physician and author. She previously served as President of Planned Parenthood, and as Health Commissioner for the City of Baltimore
- Prof David Baltimore : Prominent American biologist and former President of the California Institute of Technology. He was awarded a Nobel Prize in 1975
- Robin Swann MLA : Northern Ireland Minister of Health and former leader of the Ulster Unionist Party. He has been a member of the Northern Ireland Assembly since 2011
- Prof Arthur Caplan : Author and academic, currently serving as the founding director of the Division of Medical Ethics and Professor of Bioethics at the New York University Langone Medical Center
Our weekly debates have always been at the very heart of the Oxford Union and it has been our mission to take our members to the very frontlines of the great arguments of the day. This term will be no different as we strive to honour our commitment to public debate by showcasing a great and important diversity of opinions through the medium of podcast.
These debates will be structured like panel discussions and will be broadcast as a podcast on Spotify, Apple and Listen Notes Podcasts