Opening Times, Services, and Contact
Monday-Friday, 09:45-12:45 and 13:30-16:30.
If you only wish to borrow or return items then no booking is required.
- All members of the Oxford Union Society may borrow from the Library.
- Book and DVD loans are for 1the duration of term until the start of 9th Week and for the duration of the Long Vacation.
- Members may borrow up to 8 books and 5 DVDs at a time.
- Books and DVDs may be renewed on SOLO.
Vacation borrowing for books starts on the Monday of 7th week in each term. Items borrowed for the vacation are due back in 1st week of the following term. Members may borrow up to 10 books and 5 DVDs for the vacation.
If you would like to use the Library but are not yet a member of the Union, please see the joining page.
Researchers from outside the University of Oxford may visit the reading rooms for reference only, if we have resources which are unavailable elsewhere.
- Printing, scanning, and photocopying: 5p per b&w sheet, 25p for colour. Documents for printing to be emailled to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT equipment to borrow: A selection of chargers and cables. Please ask at the enquiry desk for more information.
Oxford Union Library
Thomas Corrick, Librarian-in-Charge: email@example.com
Laura Johnson, Deputy Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Niels Sampath, Senior Library Assistant: email@example.com
Elizabeth Piper, Assistant Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries pertaining to the Union's records and archives, please contact: email@example.com
The Library Team aim to create an inclusive environment for all our members, especially those with disabilities. If you have a disability and require extra support from us, please contact our librarian-in-charge who will be happy to discuss what we can offer.
We currently offer a variety of services and equipment:
- Extended loans if requested.
- Proxy borrowing: If you aren't able to access the library in person, you can send someone to borrow on your behalf.
- Book retrieval service: Staff will happily fetch a book that you may not be able to access.
- Postal loans and returns: Speak to a member of the Library Team who will set this up for you.
- Renewals can be requested via phone and email, there's usually no need to come in person.
- Staff mediated printing, scanning, and photocopying service.
- A well-trained and professional Library Team who undergo regular refresher training in disability awareness.
- Reserved seating: Email, phone, or speak to a member of staff and we can organise reserved seating if required for accessibility.
- Height adjustable desk.
- Noise cancelling headphones.
- Desk lamps.
- Book rests.
- Coloured acetate overlays.