- Event Start: 11th May 2017, 8:30pm
- Event Type:
This House believes A University Must Be A Safe Space
Speakers in Proposition:
- Aimee Challenor - Equalities (LGBTIQ) Spokesperson for the Green Party, and Chair of LGBTIQ Greens; she is the Green Party Candidate for Coventry South in the 2017 General Election
- Richard Brooks - Former Hull University Union President and incumbent NUS VP for Union Development, Brooks often writes about student union politics and is a #LoveSUs ambassador.
Speakers in Opposition:
- Peter Hitchens - Prominent journalist and critic of political correctness, Hitchens won the prestigious Orwell Prize in recognition of his work as a foreign correspondent.
- Peter Tatchell - Human rights campaigner and member of the gay rights group OutRage!, Tatchell is the Director of the Peter Tatchell Foundation which seeks to promote and protect the human rights of individuals, communities and nations.
Prior to this debate, the Emergency Debate wil be held at 7.45pm on the Motion: This House Believes That The Leaders of All Major Political Parties Be Required to Participate in TV Debates Before The Election
With many thanks to the following who have generously donated floor prizes for the Main Debate: