Abortion Rights Panel
- Event Start: 12th February 2018, 8:00pm
- Event Type:
A Call For Reform : Abortion Rights in The Developed World
President Trump's recent attack on abortion laws and the continuing restrictions on abortions in Europe highlight that now is the time to have a frank discussion about abortion reform in the developed world. As the Campaign to Repeal the Eighth rages on in Ireland, we aim to question and challenge the restrictions on reproductive rights in the 21st century.
- Ilyse Hogue : President of NARAL Pro-Choice America, Hogue is the leader of Americas biggest abortion rights action league
- Ann Furedi : Chief Executive of the British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS). Furedi is the leader of the British charity that supports reproductive rights by the provision of contraception and safe, affordable abortions.
- Amanda Mellet : Mellet is a human rights activist, and is the first woman ever to be paid compensation from the Irish government for having to leave the country to obtain an abortion.
- Sinhead Kennedy : Kennedy is the co-founder and Secretary of the Campaign to Repeal the Eighth, and is a prominent activist for reproductive rights in the Republic of Ireland.