- Event Start: 25th May 2018, 5:00pm
- Event Type:
Homelessness: The Crisis on Our Doorstep
In February, the death of a homeless man just yards from the Houses of Parliament caused outrage and brought national attention to a growing crisis. Despite Government targets to halve homelessness by 2022, the number of rough sleepers has risen for seven consecutive years. How must the system change in order to prevent homelessness, and how can we avert a moral crisis happening right on our doorstep?
- Neil Coyle : Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Ending Homelessness and MP for Bermondsey and Old Southwark
- Simon Grange : Chief Executive of Emmaus, a leading charity working to end homelessness
- Claire Dowan : CEO of Homeless Oxfordshire and former Chief Executive of Base 33 Youth Trust
- Polly Neate : CEO of Shelter and former Chief Executive of Women's Aid