Sell Outs Debate (Online)
- Event Start: 12th November 2020, 7:30pm
- Event Type:
This House Would Sell Out
This event is now online only : To register for access PLEASE CLICK HERE
“Are you law, consulting, or finance?” Every year, bright students ‘sell out’ to the City. Can the corporate world be a force for good, is the very notion of selling out an elitist one, or must we choose between money and morals?
Speakers in Proposition:
- Jonathan Ruffer : Philanthropist and former stockbroker, who has invested £200million to revitalise the town of Bishop Auckland
- Sharon Blackman : Managing Director and General Counsel at Citibank. She chairs the Citi EMEA Pro Bono Committee
Speakers in Opposition:
- Emma Slade : Former financial analyst who left the City for Bhutan, becoming the first and only Western woman to be ordained a Buddhist monk
- Dave Erasmus : Social entrepreneur and founder of the online fundraising platform Given. He is currently working on Corcovado, a collaborative global community
Due to Coronavirus restrictions, this debate will now be online.